WHO WE ARE
Welcome to the ORTOP FIRST Robotics Oregon Alumni Association! We are a supportive community of FIRST alumni who want to give back in some way, shape or form, and we strive to provide volunteering, mentoring, career and professional development, social, and educational opportunities to our alumni. Started in January 2017 by an alumna (makes sense right?) who also serves on the ORTOP Board of Directors, we have grown to 150+ members!
If you are a FIRST alumni or recent high school graduate, please fill out our Alumni Database Form to stay involved! It takes less than 2 minutes to sign up.
- Eligibility info is listed in the form.
- No fee or time commitment is required.
- Majoring in a STEM (science/technology/math/engineering) is also NOT required.
The vision of the Alumni Association is to connect alumni with each other, share experiences and wisdom, and help younger FIRST students see how moving through the FIRST pipeline of programs will empower these students to follow whatever career path they choose.
Long-term, the hope is that some of our alumni may end up serving on ORTOP’s Board of Directors, or as experienced Tournament Directors, Head Judges and Referees, or as amazing Coaches and Mentors.
5 Ways to Stay Involved
- Sign up on our Alumni Database Form! It’s the only way we can stay in touch with you.
- Sign up on our Alumni Database Form! It’s the only way we can stay in touch with you (not a typo. We really mean it)
- Join the Facebook ORTOP Alumni Group – when you sign up on the Database you’ll get the link
- Volunteering: Register on FIRST VIMS and get the initial paperwork out of the way to volunteer for events this coming FIRST LEGO League Jr./FIRST LEGO League/FIRST Tech Challenge/ FIRST Robotics Competition season!
Alumni Association Newsletter Archives
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/comments/concerns