Event Status / Inclement Weather Information
CURRENT STATUS: GREEN FOR ALL EVENTS
CURRENT UPDATES: It’s going to be a warm and rainy weekend for most of Oregon. Check the mountain passes if they are included in your travel plans to Pendleton or Tigard.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR TEAM DECIDES NOT TO TRAVEL TO THE EVENT FOR WEATHER RELATED REASONS
1. If you decide not to attend the event for any reason you still need to email your ORTOP Program Manager of your decision.
2. If you specifically are not attending due to inclement weather. Please notify by email your program manager, Loridee Wetzel for FIRST LEGO League/FLL Jr. or Cathy Swider for FIRST Tech Challenge or Debbie Kerr for FIRST Robotics Competition. Include Weather Impacted Team in the subject line, and why you feel it is unsafe for your team to travel to the venue. Review the Inclement Weather Policy
- Event Status Board
In case of impending inclement weather, ORTOP will monitor the situation and post updates on the status of events. Check this page for daily updates.
- GREEN=Event is scheduled as planned
- YELLOW=Event is being carefully monitored due to forecast of serious inclement weather at the venue site or impacting a majority of teams traveling to the site.
- ORANGE=Event has been delayed to allow teams more time to arrive
- RED = Event is cancelled due to inclement weather or venue closure.
|Status||Event||National Weather Service forecast||Comments|
|GREEN||1/25 – FTC Columbia Basin||Pendleton|
|GREEN||1/25 – FTC Tigard QT||Tigard|
|GREEN||2/8 – SQ: Coronet||Hood River|
|GREEN||2/15- SQ: Aldera||Roseburg|
|GREEN||2/16 – SQ: Kachirho||Portland|
|GREEN||2/22 – SQ: Theed||Gladstone|
thanks all for contributing the humorous weather memes.
(not a real snow alert)