FIRST Fair is the annual conference held every Fall to support FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST Tech Challenge teams in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Led by students and mentors from local teams, FIRST Fair features a wide variety of presentations, including sessions on game strategy, machine vision, programming, shop skills, and more.
The 2020 FIRST Fair was held fully remotely, with both live sessions and pre-recorded presentations.
- Attend a session: Videos will be added to the FIRST Fair Playlist on the ORTOP YouTube Channel and live sessions will be listed below and on the ORTOP Calendar
- Submit a presentation: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of what you’d like to share.
- Sponsor the event or make a gift: FIRST Fair has always been free to participants because of support from sponsors, individual donors, and the seasonal registration fees paid by Teams. When you donate to ORTOP or register your team for the season, you help make this event happen.
|SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
To accommodate the need for flexible schedules this year, FIRST Fair was held from Saturday October 3rd to Saturday, October 24.
Kickoff: Saturday, October 3rd at 10AM.
|Closing Panels: Saturday October 24, 10AM. Five concurrent session
1. Safety – How is your team addressing Safety this season?
2. How is your team Developing Skills in your students and mentors?
3. How are you maintaining Student Engagement?
4. Student panels – There will be two:
FIRST Fair 3D Printing Basics for FRC and FTC Robotics presentation by Bret Toll
#FIRSTFair2020: FRC Programming Getting Started
#FIRSTFair2020: FRC Kit Drive Base
#FIRSTFair2020: Running STEAM camps
Remote Event Resources - Remote Game Play by FIRST Tech Challenge Alumni Team 11115, Gluten Free
Remote Video Platforms
FIRST Fair 2020: Tobor Tech Robot Materials Pt 2
FIRST Fair 2020: Tobor Tech Robot Materials Pt 1
FIRST Fair 2020: ReVamped FIRST Fair Mechanical Design Intro
FIRST Fair 2020: FTC 101- Pre Comp, During Comp, After Comp
FIRST Fair 2020: ToborTech Slider Tutorial
FIRST Fair 2020: ToborTech OnBot Tutorial
FIRST Fair 2020: FTC Mechanical Overview
Girls Talk Robotics and STEM 5 min
Using Tensorflow to Recognize FTC Game Objects and Compute the Turn Offset
| Special thanks to this year’s host teams, FIRST Tech Challenge Team #12097, Piece of Pi, and FIRST Robotics Competition Team #1425, Error Code Xero.
FIRST Fair would not have been possible without the work of the volunteers and staff on the Planning Committee, or our many corporate and community partners.