What will the season look like?
- What’s the season schedule?
- When am I going to know my league assignment?
- What do I need to do to prepare for events?
- For all events (including League Meet 0) your team will be submitting scores and videos.
- If your team wants to participate in The Innovation Challenge the deadline for indicating your interest is March 4, 2021.
- How do I register the students on my team?
- Here’s the FIRST Coaches’ Guide for Youth Registration.
How will remote tournaments work?
“Remote events were developed to mimic traditional FIRST Tech Challenge events while practicing social distancing guidelines. Since teams are not able to gather and compete in the traditional head-to-head competition format, the season’s official full Playing Field has been adapted to allow Teams to play as a single Team on a single field. Remote Teams may order an official half version of this season’s field or compete using a modified version of the field. Teams will still sign up for events with their local partners and will be provided a window to submit their own Match scores, which will determine their rankings. Unlike traditional events, the scoring of the official Matches is done by the Team, rather than an event volunteer. Teams will participate in judging interviews via video conference.”
- What can I expect during an event?
- League Meets are just robot runs. Your team will be responsible for submitting their scores the week prior to the meet date.
- Tournaments include remote judging, engineering notebooks, opening and closing ceremonies, and awards, advancements, and other fun!
- Here’s the FTC Team – Scoring Guide put out by FIRST; you won’t need to install any additional software this season.
- What if I have technical difficulties either before or during an event?
- During every event, there will be support available from volunteers and staff. Your League assignments will include the contact information for technical, scoring, and referee help.
The ORTOP staff recognizes that there will be additional questions for which we don’t yet have answers; our commitment to you is to find the most complete answers we can, as soon as we can, and communicate those in as timely a manner as possible. Please send your additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you when we have answers. We will also update this document on a regular basis, and keep the blog updated as well (www.ortop.org/blog).
Last Modified: 1/13/2021