Congrats to the teams who have been participating in our league meets! Competitions would not be the same without each of you and we are excited to see you all compete in the league meets. Saturday, April 17th is an important day to mark on your calendars but because of the Remote Event format, some elements of the competition will happen BEFORE that day. Below are key dates your team needs to know to be successful. Reminder: You can access this document and any others that have been sent out on our blog. We have a few reminders as we head into this event.
- April 12th @ 5:00 pm – Deadline to submit:
- All Team members added to your team profile on the FIRST Dashboard
- Consent and Release forms must be completed
- Team Roster submitted via Dropbox
- Team Judging Information Form submitted with Zoom Accounts (email addresses) for each Team member attending the judging session via Dropbox
- Judging documents must be submitted to FSS
- April 15th @ 7:00 pm Coaches Meeting (This is not required. It will be a Q&A format that will be recorded and uploaded to the ORTOP YouTube channel.)
- April 17th @ 5:00 pm – Deadline to submit Robot Game Runs
- April 17th – Opening Ceremony and Judging
- April 18th – Closing Ceremony and Award Determinations Announced
- Sign up for a free Zoom account
- If your school does not allow Zoom, please email us
- ORTOP’s Youtube Channel (Opening & Closing Ceremonies)
- Required Zoom Registration Form
Additional Reminders to teams:
- Sign up for Discord and make sure you follow the instructions in #react-for-roles to see the FIRST Tech Challenge virtual pit for each league
- All teams are moving on into the League Tournament Events.
- About 50% of teams will be moving onto the State Championships.
- While videos are not required, we would like to show off your work this season! Please submit robot-run videos to your league’s Dropbox folder. These links will be sent to individual teams for upload.
Opening ceremony premieres at 8:30 am
Teams will be able to watch the Opening Ceremony at any point after the premiere; there is no need to watch this live. It will be posted on the ORTOP YouTube channel.
Judging: Saturday, April 17
- Each Team will be assigned a 30-minute Judging session link, scheduled for sometime between 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Teams should plan to arrive 10 minutes ahead of their scheduled time.
- Judging sessions will be hosted on Zoom. Sign up for a free Zoom account if you don’t already have one. Your team does not need to be in the same place for judging, but each student or group of students, as well as both coaches, need to have a free Zoom account. For security purposes and to coordinate the judging panels, all participants will need to pre-register for their assigned judging session.
- Each team will receive an individual Zoom link for their judging session by April 12th, 2021, as long as their information has been received by ORTOP.
- Use this form to provide your team’s zoom accounts to assign your team to a breakout room. This form is due on April 12th along with your Team Roster and videos for the Compass & Promote award in your Dropbox folder. We cannot assign your team members to a session without them being registered ahead of time.
- Materials required for your judging session should be uploaded via the FIRST Scoring System. All file names should include your Team number.
- Dean List Interviews: All interviews will be conducted between Sunday, April 11 and Friday, April 23. Semi-Finalists will be contacted directly to set up an interview time. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom. Oregon’s four Dean’s List Finalists will be announced at the FIRST Tech Challenge Oregon State Championships during the Closing Ceremonies on Sunday, May 2.
- You will be receiving a separate email from your session host with your Zoom link and your team DropBox folder link. This email will also include your judging time for April 17th. If you don’t see an email please contact your host and they will resend your links.
Closing Ceremony: Sunday April 18th @ 5:00 pm
- All of the teams who competed in their League Tournament will be recognized for their efforts at a Closing Ceremony on Sunday, April 18th @ 5 pm. This event will be live-streamed on ORTOP’s Youtube Channel and can be watched by anyone with internet access. Share this link with your families and friends!!
- The award winners for all tournaments of judged awards will be announced during a single closing ceremony. This recording will be time-stamped so you can reference specific awards and acknowledgments. We also hope to show a highlight reel of some of our favorite Robot Game videos.
- Advancements to the Oregon FIRST Tech Challenge State Championship will be announced at the end of the Closing Ceremony from the League Tournaments.